Serve these mock chicken-style nuggets for dinner or serve this as a creative appetizer for movie night or a party. I know that I can't eat just one of these amazing lemon, garlic, breaded, cauliflower nuggets. They also go well with your favorite creamy dip.
When serving this dish for a dinner meal, I like to pair it with a rice or quinoa dish and anther side (usually something green or colorful). It also could be served with a pasta dish or for a fun family meal mac + cheese.
For lunch ideas, this goes great in a sandwich or on top of a salad. It's also good inside your favorite wraps or on top of a bowl. If you have leftovers or you made a double batch try it on an amazing spinach mozzarella pizza.
I like baking instead of frying for a healthy version of nuggets. I prefer coconut oil as it is best for baking temperatures and adds a slight (very faint) sweetness that pulls it together. Of course, you can use tasteless coconut oil, if you'd like. It will be just as good.
Coconut oil has some good health benefits. It contains fatty acids and may increase fat burning. Coconut is also know for destroying harmful microorganisms and for boosting the brain.
Lemon Garlic Breaded Cauliflower Nuggets
- 1 lb cauliflower florets (frozen)
- ¾ cups chickpea flour
- ¼ cups rice flour
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 6 -8 cloves minced garlic
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp sage
- ⅛ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp basil
- 1 tsp italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp onion granules
- ¾ tsp garlic granules
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Blend all of the seasonings to make the SEASONING BLEND. Use a bullet blender or chopper. Set aside seasoning blend aside.
- In a large bowl put in rice and chickpea flour. Add only 2 tablespoons of the seasonings blend (set aside the rest for later). Add ¾ cup of water stir with a fork until well mixed. it should be a thick consistency of batter. If batter is too thin - add in a little more chickpea flower. If too thick, add a little water. Set this batter aside while you go to the next step of making the liquid that will be added later.
- In a regular blender put in the following ingredients: ¼ c water, ¼ c lemon juice, 3 tbsp coconut aminos, 2 tbsp coconut oil, minced garlic, and the rest of the seasoning blend ingredients. Blend well in blender. Set aside.
- Add cauliflower to the flour batter bowl. Stir and flip until all cauliflower is completely, thickly coated.
- Put parchment paper over pan. Take a each spoonful and place on the pan without touching the other ones. Put in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip cauliflower and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the pan out and spoon and pour the previously set aside blender liquid mix over each cauliflower. Flipping once after 8 - 10 minutes. Bake an additional 7 -10 minutes. (until golden and all the liquid is gone.) Watch carefully at the end.
- Take out and remove from pan to serving dish.
Join us on Dish Vegan Facebook Page, too!