Lemon Garlic Breaded Cauliflower Nuggets are so tasty! They are gluten-free and full of flavor. Serve these delicious nuggets for dinner or serve them as a fun appetizer for movie night or a party. I know that I can't eat just one of these amazing breaded, cauliflower nuggets. Watch out as these little nuggets are addicting. They go well with your favorite creamy dip.
CAN I SERVE NUGGETS FOR DINNER?
Yes! They are a great vegan substitute and can be used, in a menu, in substitute for where chicken would be used. When serving this dish for a dinner meal, you might try pairing it with with potatoes, sweet potatoes, or a rice or quinoa dish. Then add another side (usually something green or colorful). These nuggets could also be served with a pasta dish or for a fun family meal mac + cheese. The choices are endless!
WHAT ARE SOME LUNCH IDEAS USING NUGGETS?
For lunch ideas, these yummy nuggets go great in a sandwich or on top of a salad. It's also good inside your favorite wraps or on top of a bowl. If you have leftovers or you made a double batch try it on an amazing spinach mozzarella pizza.
WHAT KIND OF CUISINE PAIRS WELL WITH CAULIFLOWER NUGGETS?
CAN THESE NUGGETS BE FRIED INSTEAD OF BAKED?
Of course! You could substitute baking for frying. Add extra oil to the frying pan and put on medium heat. Once heated, carefully pick up each cauliflower with a spoon, and put gently into the frying pan. Let them cook until bottom starts to turn brown. Turn them over as each side gets golden. Once they are all golden brown, remove and blot off excess oil to serve.
I like baking instead of frying for a healthy version of nuggets. I prefer coconut oil as it is best for baking temperatures and adds a slight (very faint) sweetness that pulls it together. Of course, you can use tasteless coconut oil, if you'd like. It will be just as good.
Coconut oil has some good health benefits. It contains fatty acids and may increase fat burning. Coconut is also know for destroying harmful microorganisms and for boosting the brain.
Lemon Garlic Breaded Cauliflower Nuggets
- 1 lb cauliflower florets (frozen)
- ¾ cups chickpea flour
- ¼ cups rice flour
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 6 -8 cloves minced garlic
- 6 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- ¾ teaspoon garlic granules
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Blend all of the seasonings to make the SEASONING BLEND. Use a bullet blender or chopper. Set aside seasoning blend aside.
- In a large bowl put in rice and chickpea flour. Add only 2 tablespoons of the seasonings blend (set aside the rest for later). Add ¾ cup of water stir with a fork until well mixed. it should be a thick consistency of batter. If batter is too thin - add in a little more chickpea flower. If too thick, add a little water. Set this batter aside while you go to the next step of making the liquid that will be added later.
- In a regular blender put in the following ingredients: ¼ c water, ¼ c lemon juice, 3 tablespoon coconut aminos, 2 tablespoon coconut oil, minced garlic, and the rest of the seasoning blend ingredients. Blend well in blender. Set aside.
- Add cauliflower to the flour batter bowl. Stir and flip until all cauliflower is completely, thickly coated.
- Put parchment paper over pan. Take a each spoonful and place on the pan without touching the other ones. Put in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip cauliflower and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the pan out and spoon and pour the previously set aside blender liquid mix over each cauliflower. Flipping once after 8 - 10 minutes. Bake an additional 7 -10 minutes. (until golden and all the liquid is gone.) Watch carefully at the end.
- Take out and remove from pan to serving dish.
Join us on Dish Vegan Facebook Page, too!